Our cat Inky used to like to sit on our ironing board. Uunfortunately this meant our ironing board was soon rather dirty (cats may wash themselves constantly, but they still pick up lots of dust!). To protect the ironing board I whipped up this cat mat. I cut 6 "squares of a cotton cat print baric and checquered them with a plain back cotton. For a cute quitling design, I created a template of a cat's paw and stitched this in a contrast colour. To add some fun for the cat, I created a small stuffed fish and attached it to the mat with a short sewn strip. To be honest, Inky has never really played with it. We moved from the house we were in when we created the cat mat and the ironing board is no longer setup. Inky now sits on a cupbaord staring out the window, so we have moved the cat mat to protect the top of the cupboard.
Our cat Inky used to like to sit on our ironing board. Uunfortunately this meant our ironing board was soon rather dirty (cats may wash themselves constantly, but they still pick up lots of dust!). To protect the ironing board I whipped up this cat mat. I cut 6 "squares of a cotton cat print baric and checquered them with a plain back cotton. For a cute quitling design, I created a template of a cat's paw and stitched this in a contrast colour. To add some fun for the cat, I created a small stuffed fish and attached it to the mat with a short sewn strip. To be honest, Inky has never really played with it. We moved from the house we were in when we created the cat mat and the ironing board is no longer setup. Inky now sits on a cupbaord staring out the window, so we have moved the cat mat to protect the top of the cupboard.


Comments
Post a Comment